Polymer Bearing Failures: How Many Excuses Are You Willing to Accept?
- It’s The Water Temperature
- It’s The Water Condition/Silty
- It’s The Marine Growth
- It’s The Shaft Quality
- It’s The Air Entrainment
A simple and cost-effective way to address ongoing premature failure, degradation and performance problems in polymers is shifting to lignum vitae bearings and seals.
The no-excuse solution lignum vitae is inherently able to adapt to extreme and dynamic operating environments:
- Zero Clearance
- Run of river water, No Filtering*
- Zero Wiping or Smearing of Material
- High Resistance to Shock, Edge Loading/Vibration issues
- Low Coefficient of Friction
- Oil/Grease-Free Operation
- No Hydrolysis Degradation/perfect memory
- Conforms to Worn Shafts
- Only industrial Renewable Bearing
- Mixed-mode of Lubrication/Dry Start & Hydrodynamic
- First water-lubricated bearing – 1854, the same for centuries
Our team of engineers and specialists collaborates with plant operators to understand their unique challenges to design long-term solutions made with lignum vitae. Contact us to see how the Lignum Vitae North America personalized approach can lead to the superior solution for your needs.