Polymer Bearing Failures: How Many Excuses Are You Willing to Accept? Posted on Monday, March 2nd, 2020 and is filed under News, Uncategorized
- It’s The Water Temperature
- It’s The Water Condition/Silty
- It’s The Marine Growth
- It’s The Shaft Quality
- It’s The Air Entrainment
A simple and cost-effective way to address ongoing premature failure, degradation and performance problems in polymers is shifting to lignum vitae bearings and seals.
The no-excuse solution lignum vitae is inherently able to adapt to extreme and dynamic operating environments:
- Zero Clearance
- Run of river water, No Filtering*
- Zero Wiping or Smearing of Material
- High Resistance to Shock, Edge Loading/Vibration issues
- Low Coefficient of Friction
- Oil/Grease-Free Operation
- No Hydrolysis Degradation/perfect memory
- Conforms to Worn Shafts
- Only industrial Renewable Bearing
- Mixed-mode of Lubrication/Dry Start & Hydrodynamic
- First water-lubricated bearing – 1854, the same for centuries
Our team of engineers and specialists collaborates with plant operators to understand their unique challenges to design long-term solutions made with lignum vitae. Contact us to see how the Lignum Vitae North America personalized approach can lead to the superior solution for your needs.
"The Natural Bearing Choice for Over 130 Years"